Health & Safety Policy
We are committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for our employees, visitors, and all people using our premises.
The Studio Manager or appointed staff member has a responsibility for the health and safety of employees working under their direction and to provide a safe environment for studio visitors.
- Visitors and customers hiring spaces in the venue, are responsible for maintaining a safe environment for everyone using the space they have hired.
- Staff, visitors and customers are responsible for reporting any hazards or incidents to the Studio Manager or representative
The health and safety committee is responsible for implementing, monitoring, reviewing and planning health and safety policies, systems and practices.
BeatBox Studios Terms and Conditions of Use
These terms and conditions apply to all bookings received through the website contact form or calendar system (www.beatbox.nz or www.beatbox.co.nz), via email, text, Facebook or other direct message or application.
Making a booking is considered acceptance of these terms and conditions and the Health and Safety Policy while on-site. These documents may be amended from time to time and are available through the Beat Box Studios website.
- Booking: The request for space at the venue, for a specified date, time and duration. As bookings can be made through a self-service calendar, bookings must be confirmed by the Venue Operator. Bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the requested time.
- Booking Confirmation: An online booking for hire of the venue, must be confirmed by the Venue Operator. The selected studio and booking may be changed by the Venue Operator to fit operational requirements. Studio change will be advised on arrival and changes to hiring period or cancellation advised in advance of the booking.
- Cancellations/No Shows: The cancellation of a booking by the Hirer with 24 hours or less notice, or failure of the Hirer to attend a confirmed booking, will incur a penalty fee (see published rate card). The Venue Operator has the right to cancel or reschedule a booking for any reason and will refund any payment made in advance. No compensation is offered.
- Duty of Care: The Hirer is responsible for the care of all provided equipment and facilities during the hire period and for the actions of all other users included in the booking. Other charges (for repair, replacement, cleaning etc), in addition to the hire fee, will apply and be advised to the Hirer as soon as possible after the hire period.
- Health and Safety: While on-site at the venue, the Hirer agrees to comply with the Health and Safety Policy available at the venue and published on the Beat Box Studios website. The Hirer is responsible for all other people and equipment brought to the venue as part of their hire.
- Hirer: The named person who places the booking online or arranges the booking via any means of contact. The Hirer is responsible for the payment of fees related to the booking.
- Hire Fee: The hourly rate per studio as detailed on the published rate card, or agreed by the Venue Operator.
- Hire Period: The contiguous period from the start date and time of the booking, until the Hirer leaves the studio. If this is longer than the booked hire period, an additional fee will apply as per the rate card. Extensions to the hire period on the booking may not be possible.
- Hire of Venue: The Venue Operator agrees to provide the Hirer access to the venue for the duration of the hire period in accordance with the terms and conditions in this document.
- Rate Card: The published schedule of charges, available at the venue and on the Beat Box Studios website.
- Lost Property: Contact Beatbox Reception
- Other Charges: The charges payable by the Hirer in addition to the venue hire fee, as detailed on the rate card. These may include but are not limited to, damage, theft or additional cleaning as a result of the actions or lack of care of the Hirer and other users included in the booking.
- Operational Requirements: Any requirement, as determined by the Venue Operator or Venue Owner, that may affect studio availability, changes in use, provided equipment, temporary changes to the Health and Safety Policy or any other change needed to ensure efficient operation, safety and business development of BeatBox Studios.
- Provided Equipment: The booking may include audio and other equipment requested by the Hirer, or included in the studio hire. Requests for specific equipment, or brands, are not possible. Equipment provided is of a minimum standard for rehearsal use, as determined by the Venue Operator. The duty of care for provided equipment rests with the Hirer during the hire period.
- Venue: The venue is the Beat Box Studios site in the Boxed Quarter at 270 St Asaph Street, Christchurch.
- Venue Hire Fee: The per hour rate charged per studio, as published on the rate card. The hire fee is payable at the end of the booking in cash, EFTPOS or monthly invoice by prior arrangement.
- Venue Operator: The Studio Manager or representative authorised by the Venue Owner, to provide venue access and operational support during the hire period.
- Venue Owner: The venue is owned by BeatBox Studios Charitable Trust.